Mega Sells WARE

 I just saw on Radio & Records on line that WARE (1250 Ware MA) has been
sold. Mega Communications has sold the station to Siccess Signal
Broadcasting for $250,000. Siccess Signal Broadcasting is headed by Marshall
Sanft, Executive VP. Recently the station has been doing an automated mix of
mostly 80's tunes, with a few older and newer titles mixed in, at least
that's what I heard the few times I've heard them over the past year. The
signal wasn't good enough for Mega's Spanish format to be heard in
Springfield, where there is a decent Spanish population. So it makes sense
for Mega to dump WARE. I wonder what the new owners plan to do with the
station.

Mark Watson