Re: monopoly definition

Atty Ross writes:
> I don't know whether the Braves needed or got league approval to
> move.  In the 1920s,
> though, no team in either league had moved for some time.  The
> National League was static
> from 1899 until the Braves move in 1953.

Dave writes:
I don't know either, I am basing my comments on my reading of Don's post
and I got the impression they didn't get anyone's approval,  but my
analogy is that when the anti-trust exemption was granted to baseball it
was at a time when there was competition in most of baseball.  I'm taking
that fact and comparing it to major market corporate radio today and
asking if it's a monopoly for baseball in the 20's why isn't it a
monopoly for corporate radio today?
df