Re: FNX Radio Network's Bruce Mittman Resigns

On Wed, 09 Oct 2002 12:49:35 -0400 "Aaron [Bishop] Read"
<aread@speakeasy.net> writes:
> At 11:56 AM 10/8/2002, Garrett Wollman wrote:
> ><<On Mon, 7 Oct 2002 17:22:55 -0700 (PDT), Joseph Pappalardo
> ><joepappalardo2001@yahoo.com> said:
> >
> > > Group two years ago. He oversaw the FNX Radio Network,
> > > which consists of WFNX/Boston; WWRX/Providence;
> >
> >Perhaps he'll be replaced by someone who knows that the station is
> in
> >Westerly, not Providence.
> >
> >(Not likely.)
> >-GAWollman
>
> Why should he?  I grew up (across the border in Mystic, CT)
> listening to
> WWRX and thinking they were a Providence station...they have ALWAYS
> hyped
> themselves as a Providence station.  At least in WWRX's case their
> signal
> in Providence is pretty good...unlike WAAF trying to convince
> everyone
> they're a Boston station when the signal stinks in most of Boston.

I've always maintained that it really doesn't matter where a station is
or claim to be from, if there is a good product on the air people will
listen.  Perhaps I'm naive on this point but I don't think people care.
df