License revocation?

An interesting topic came up the other day while reading my Mass Media and
Society text and I was wondering if someone could fill me in...

It mentions that in 1989, a New York City radio station lost its license
since the owner was practicing "blatant" racial discrimination. I don't
recall, at all, ever hearing of such a revocation. The text did not specify
the station whose license was revoked.

It also mentioned that this had been the first license revocation since 1984
(RKO General?).

Does anyone remember this specific incident and which station it was?