Re: Fwd: Re: WLYN Now // WUMB!

Date sent:      	Thu, 3 Oct 2002 00:51:47 -0400

On 2 Oct 2002 at 17:50, Laurence Glavin wrote:

> When was WBUR ever a college station (like WERS or WZBC)?
> As long as I can remember, long before the current NPR-PRI plus local
> talk, WBUR was a station for the general audience.  W-H-RB was more
> oriented to Hahvud than WBUR ever was to BU, except for some sports
> coverage and institutionalized superstition (Marsh Chapel).

WBUR was once a laboratory for SPC students, much like WERS.  In fact,
back in the late 50s, when I first got an FM radio, the two stations
sounded very much alike, with programming consisting mostly of news and
classical music, signing on at 2PM when school was in session and 5 PM
during the summer.