RE: WLYN Now // WUMB!

>From: A. Joseph Ross lawyer@attorneyross.com
>Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2002 01:51:33 -0400
>To: boston-radio-interest@bostonradio.org, raccoonradio@yahoo.com,
>elipolo@earthlink.net, kaimbridge@programmer.net, radiojunkie3@yahoo.com
>Subject: RE: WLYN Now // WUMB!
>
>On 2 Oct 2002 at 1:43, elipolo@earthlink.net wrote:
>
>> The operations manager of WUMB told me this evening that he knew nothing
>> about the WLYN simulcasting. It was the first he had heard about it.
>>
>> Someone at WLYN must've just decided to throw them on.
>
>Isn't there some rule that you need a station's permission to rebroadcast
>their signal?

It appears that communication among management may not be a strong point
there.

The statement below was announced by the WUMB General Manager yesterday,
the arrangement to temporarily simulcast WUMB on WLYN was suggested by
the Chief Engineer, who happens to work for both stations, and was
agreed to by the WUMB GM, who was happy to get the extra coverage.

Apparently, the Operations Manager I communicated with a couple of days
ago was still out of the loop on this agreement at the time.

Eli Polonsky

(Partial):

http://mail2web.com/ .