Thoughts On The WROR Boston Rock Radio Reunion

   Here are my thoughts on the WROR Boston Rock Radio Reunion, based on what
I heard over the weekend. Let me note that I haven't heard all of the jocks
that were featured this weekend, I'm only commenting on what I have heard.

   Tai: I'm surprised he was included in the lineup. He gets the honor of
being the youngest jock on the reunion weekend. Couldn't tell if he was live
or if he recorded his comments.

   Little Walter: It was as if he hadn't missed a week since his last show
on WODS. He was definitely live and as lively as ever, and playing his
format of doo-wop and early rock tunes, including an alternate version of
Elvis Presley's "Jailhouse Rock", a faster tempo and short a verse as well.
I'll go out on a limb and predict that WROR will find a spot for Little
Walter to return to the Boston area airwaves, either a late Saturday or
Sunday night spot. Anyone agree or disagree?

   Charles Laquidara: He didn't catch a flight back from Hawaii, definitely
recorded his bits from the beach, or at least his residence. I noticed the
microphone he was using sounded different from thr WROR studio mic. Still it
was good to hear Charles, and on his Sat AM slot we heard one of his many
spoof ads from his WBCN days, for Baboon Heaven IIRC.

   Jeff Gonzer: Also sent his show in from out of town, I gathered he's in
California, as he was telling stories about what's been happening in the San
Fernando Valley, including a Pete Townshend (of the Who) sighting in a
stereo store at a mall. He did have some life and personality in his
recorded bits.

   Harvey Wharfield: Still warped and playing some obscure and live concert
recordings from the early 70's in the 25 minutes I heard his show. Also paid
tribute to "departed" rock stations: WCOZ, WCGY, WBZ-FM, WEEI-FM. Definitely
live.

   Ken Shelton: Also live, good to hear him, albeit briefly before Peter
Wolf took over.

   Peter Wolf: Absolutely wild, lots of R & B tunes, some rock standards
that can be heard on WODS ( "I Fought The Law" by Bobby Fuller 4 for
example) along with taking calls from listeners and giving them prizes, even
featuring a live phone chat with Little Walter.

   Arnie "Woo Woo" Ginsburg: Only heard 3 recorded bits from him in the hour
I listened, going into stop sets and saying thanks and bye about 4:50 PM.
Otherwise it was jockless music with old Arnie jingles and celebrity clips
such as Chubby Checker, Jay and the Americans and Sonny and Cher telling us
we're listening to Arnie. I was disappointed that's all we got for one of
Boston's all time radio legends.

    Jerry "Duke of Madness" Goodwin up next followed by Charles Laquidara
replay. Hopefully Jerry will wrap up this weekend with a lively
presentation.

Mark Watson