Re: Primary aftermath

From: "Sean Smyth" <ssmyth@suscom.net>
&  "Dave Faneuf" <tklaundry@juno.com>

> Dave Faneuf writes:

> > when I was filling in at BZ when Diane Stern had her baby I was working
> > with David Brudnoy and someone called in questioning his sexual
> > orientation in strong language and David told the tech, on the air, to
> > not bleep it...

I remember when Brudnoy was on WRKO.  Someone called him and started egging
him on about his sexuality.  "I think it's time you came out of the
closet..."   "Who do you think you're foolin'?", etc. etc.

After each comment was silence.

I thought Brudnoy was in shock.  However after silence...Brudnoy said "Are
you done?".  And the guy just repeated his comment.

Brudnoy went on to say...."just let me know when you're done....when someone
calls up to criticize me they get all the time they want."  To which the
caller repeated a comment.

Bruds said "Well you already said that....do you have anything more to
add...or are you done?"

And the caller replied  "I think I've said everything I have to say."  And
hung-up....

After the call was ended...I figured Brudnoy might address the issues that
this dude brought up.  But Bruds went on to repeat his policy.  "When
someone calls to criticize me...they get all the time they need/want."

Then he went on to the next topic.

I was somewhat amazed at how he handled it.  He didn't want to be known as
someone who stifled critical calls....at the same time his sexuality and
personal life are not something he needs to respond to.

I don't think he's ever made his sexuality a secret...at the same time he
has never felt the need to annouce or discuss it publicly with anyone.  It's
his own business.  A position I must admire.