Re: WSMN Nashua

Dan Billings wrote:
>Why is the local content fed to the affiliates at all?.  Elements that
>were not meant for the
>affiliates were run from the cart deck that was only
>in program, saving the guy who was out of the studio
>when the announcer called for the legal ID.  Not a
>real tough issue to deal with.

Dunno.  Most, if not all of the major networks (WW1, ESPN, etc.) use fill
PSAs during local avails.  Some smaller networks do it that way, others
just feed the program bus to everyone, still others have no fill
whatsoever.  I wish the Red Sox network would feed PSAs or something during
local breaks.  All season we have had an ongoing problem with the board ops
at WEEI sending the tone for a local break when there wasn't supposed to be
one.  This means our local stopsets get used up before the end of the game,
and we end up having dead air in the remaining local breaks.  We've talked
to various people at WEEI and things get better for a while then slip right
back into sloppiness.  Tough to find good help these days I guess.