RE: Your suggestions??

A google.com search turned up this contact name for WCCH
John Hardy  jhardy@hcc.mass.edu
http://www.hcc.mass.edu/html/Life_at_HCC/Student_Organizations/Student_Organizations.htm

An article from the Holyoke "Phoenix" paper (no relation to the Boston
Phoenix I assume) mentioned that WCCH was having serious problems getting
their transmitter to stay on the air back in December of 2001.  The weblink
always seems to be http://www.hccphoenix.cjb.net/ regardless of the article
so if you click that you'll probably not get the article in
question.   Instead, go to www.google.com and search for "WCCH" and it
should pop up - "The Phoenix (News): The Sounds of Silence from WHCC"  (WHCC??)

Anyways, I'm reluctant to generalize but from the lack of any WCCH web
presence and a damning-by-default article like this Phoenix one (although I
know full well how many - not all, but many - college papers take things
WAY out of context) makes me wonder just how good WCCH is.  They might be a
case where the college viciously guards the license against outside
intruders but by the same token refuses to fund it within even shouting
distance of realistically.

Still - it's worth a shot.  A year at even a crappy station won't kill you,
and it'll give you an appreciation of better stations down the road, while
also giving you the freedom to really suck on the air (99% of radio
personalities do when we start out in radio...many don't get much better,
too :-)   Anyways, you can afford to try new things and screw up and sound
awful while you get better.

By the same token, if you're going to place that doesn't insist on much
from you, be fully prepared to not expect much from the
station.  Specifically, don't expect a lot, if any, listeners.   A 9-watt
Class D isn't going to have much reach beyond campus and most college
campuses have students that want to listen to hard rock and Top 40 - not
stuff usually heard on the college station.

Aaron "Bishop" Read       aread@speakeasy.net
Fried Bagels Consulting   www.friedbagels.com
AOL-IM: ReadAaron         Brighton, MA 02135
"I'm weird, but around here it's hardly noticeable."