I know it's borderline tasteless, but I drink Sam Adams beer.
--

--------- Forwarded Message ---------

DATE: Sat, 14 Sep 2002 14:45:21
From: Peter Murray <pete@partnercomm.com>
To: boston-radio-interest@bostonradio.org

Katie Couric receiving a colonoscopy is quite a bit different than a DJ
receiving laser eye surgery or Body Solutions treatments. Her husband died
of colon cancer, and she's at that age where she should start receiving
the procedure periodically. I think what she did qualifies as public
service - whereas the aformentioned surgery and weight loss endorsements
qualify as product placement.

-Peter

On Sat, 14 Sep 2002, Bill O'Neill wrote:

> Laurence writes:
> > The most significant example was Katie Couric getting
> > a colonoscopy on the "Today Show". The colonoscopy
> > garnered one of the
> > highest ratings of the year, only proving Katie has a
> > large following.
>
> If so, it likely made Katie's procedure go by more easily.
>
> Bill O'Neill

--------- End Forwarded Message ---------

Play the Elvis® Scratch & Win for your chance to instantly win $10,000 Cash
- a 2003 Harley Davidson® Sportster® - 1 of 25,000 CD's - and more!
http://r.lycos.com/r/sagel_mail_scratch_tl/http://win.ipromotions.com/lycos_020801/index.asp?tc=7087