Re: WROR brings back classic DJs next weekend

--- dan.strassberg@att.net wrote:
> I've never heard of Peter Wolf, but does he have
> middle initials? If so, would
> they be N D, as in Peter N D Wolf?

Ha... I get it :)

Peter Wolf isn't his real name-- I think it's Peter
Blankfield or something. He started the J. Geils Blues
Band in the 60s (they later dropped the word
Blues) which had a cult following in the 70s and
early 80s. Right after their most successful album,
"Freeze Frame", Wolf left the group, though he has
taken part in reunion projects, one of which was
a benefit for the Worcester firefighters, I believe.

In addition to his musical duties, Wolf was a DJ
for WBCN for awhile. For awhile, WBCN used to bring
him back on the station's birthday every year (around
mid-March?) to do a Saturday night gig.

Also: his roommate at one time was future film
director David Lynch and IIRC he was married to
(or seeing) Faye Dunaway for awhile.