Re: Fw: Re: Sept 9 Amber Alert Meeting

I would certainly hope they invited the set of licensees that provide a
viable signal into Boston (and thus might be listened to by the public in
Boston), and not just those who have Boston as their city of license.

Radio enthusiasts aside, I'd count 26 FM signals that are generally
listenable in metro Boston. There are only 12 FM stations licensed to
Boston (i.e. 92.9, 93.7, 99.5, 101.7, 102.5, etc. would not be in on this
discussion).

Admittedly, I'm talking about the listenable FM side only right now, but
to ignore any AM station with facilities inside 128 would be huge
oversight - regardless of the power/HAAT of those facilities - as anything
inside 128 would likely be affected by an alert in Boston proper.

-Peter Murray (N3IXY)
Pittsburgh, PA