Re: Monday Night Football on the radio

Dan Billings wonders:
> Does any know how conflicts are worked out between the
Monday Night Football radio package and affiliates of
the local teams?  In Portland, WBLM is the Patriots
radio affiliate and WZAN has the Monday Night football
package.  WZAN is running promos for Monday night's
Patriots game.  Will WBLM also have the game?  Is the
situation different with the team's flagship station?<<

actually, Dan... it's kind of like the infield-fly
rule.  if we tell you, then we'd have to... well, you
get the picture.  don't worry.  be happy.  it has
something to do with how retrograde Jupiter is.  or it
might have to do with whether or not Flutie is taking on
Bledsoe in a game beyond 60 miles of the 413 area code.
  i'm not being wise.  the Portland coverage/games
carried memo that came out within the halls of Portland
Radio Group makes as much sense to me as the infield-fly
rule.  and i'm sure it makes as much sense to anyone who
attempts to hear the games within a "split coverage"
market, not unlike Boston or Portland.

- -Chuck(misses having Dan to pick on during the day)Igo