RE: License to Cover for LPFM In Newport, RI (Anyone Listening?)

At 06:26 PM 6/29/2002, Keith Fornal wrote:
>I actually heard the station briefly on Thursday evening while driving
>through Little Compton & Tiverton, RI.  I heard some Spanish music and
>at first thought I was hearing WCAA-FM from Newark, NJ but then it
>dawned on me that it could be the new LPFM in Newport.  I was outside
>what they have on their website as a coverage map but the station was
>coming in quite strong and in stereo on my Sony car radio.
>
>Keith Fornal
>Treasurer
>Dutch Island Lighthouse Society
>www.dutchislandlighthouse.org

I believe WRFR-LP in Rockland, ME (http://www.wrfr.org/) is the first New
England LPFM that was on the air - their start date was Feb.14th 2002.

If WXHQ is still in Phase 1, they are currently running solely as an
unattended-operation (i.e. computer, no live DJ's) while they try and build
their air studio.

DXing on the AM/FM is, IMHO, something that is nifty if you can get it
(like listening to Wisconsin Public Radio while in Medfield recently), but
also something that 99.9% of the public couldn't care less about.  If it
comes down to more voices on the dial vs. satisfying DX'ers...I say the
DX'ers are outta luck.

Aaron "Bishop" Read       aread@speakeasy.net
Fried Bagels Consulting   www.friedbagels.com
AOL-IM: ReadAaron         Brighton, MA 02135