Re: Smooth Jazz 102.1 WGUY off air

On Thu, 27 Jun 2002, Rod O'Connor wrote:

> Sorry to report that one of my favorite Bangor-area stations Smooth Jazz
> 102.1 WGUR Dexter/Bangor" has been off the air since last (Wed) night.

No loss, it's a station with Clear Channel connections :-P j/k.....

> Hope they get back on soon, but this was a Naaaaasty thunderstormn,
> especially for down-east Maine. with near-continuous lightning and lots
> of wind damage and power outages in Bangor/Old Town/Dexter/Newport area,
> as well as Ellsworth and Washington County (waaaaaay down-east)

I was working my second job at a restauraunt on Broadway in Bangor, about
1/4 mile down the road from WKIT and WZON (my primary job) and I saw a
huge lightning bolt like I've never seen before strike the WZON tower,
the station was unaffected. But I have never in my life seen a
Thundershower like that in Maine, that was incredible, it was everywhere,
every direction, I always found lightning storms rather entertaining but
this one takes the cake. Granted it's not a Flordia storm ut for Maine,
that was incredible.......

Too bad a radio station was taken out because of it!

Jeremy