won the Nobel Prize for Literature, or History: quoting.
--

--------- Forwarded Message ---------

DATE: Fri, 14 Jun 2002 21:12:45
From: Garrett Wollman <wollman@lcs.mit.edu>
To: SteveOrdinetz <steveord@bit-net.com>
Cc:boston-radio-interest@bostonradio.org
<<On Fri, 14 Jun 2002 19:15:31 -0400, SteveOrdinetz <steveord@bit-net.com> said:

> newscasts.  I've always wondered...what is the significance of the phrase
> to the effect "your star will be recorded in book form at the US copyright
> office"?  Sounds like some CYA language.

It's a truthful way of saying something that is absolutely meaningless
but makes their ``service'' sound more legitimate.  (Similar to all
the patent nostrums which claim ``helps support normal XYZ function'',
which for all values of XYZ is also true of sugar pills.)

WIN a first class trip to Hawaii.  Live like the King of Rock and Roll
on the big Island. Enter Now!
http://r.lycos.com/r/sagel_mail/http://www.elvis.lycos.com/sweepstakes