Tropo ducting

<<On Thu, 13 Jun 2002 12:50:50 -0400, "Aaron [Bishop] Read" <aread@speakeasy.net> said:

> I'm seeing several posts on PubTech today that there's some hefty
> tropospheric ducting from Texas up into New York & New England...in
> addition to & from other places...apparently it's all over the FM band.

Actually, we had some terrific sporadic-E from Iowa earlier today.
I logged KSOM (Audobon, halfway between Des Moines and Omaha) and WMT-FM
(Cedar Rapids), plus an unid religious outlet, all on 96.5, while
driving down River St. in Cambridge on the way to work this morning.

The Hepburn forecast for today does suggest excellent tropo conditions
into New York and Vermont.

-GAWollman