Re: More on Clear Channel

On Tuesday, June 11, 2002, at 03:32  PM, Garrett Wollman wrote:

> <<On Tue, 11 Jun 2002 12:29:58 -0700, "pete lee"
> <sunshine@angelfire.com> said:
>
>> "The Texas company, owner of nine Denver stations, including FM
>> stations KBCO, KBPI, KTCL, KFMD (KISS) and KRFX (the FOX), and AM
>> stations KHOW, KOA, and KKZN-failed to tell investors that it had a
>> net loss of $16.9 billion, or $27.85 per share, thanks to a $17
>> billion non-cash asset write-down.
>
> Hey, folks....
>
> 296-CHARACTER LINES ARE MUCH TOO LONG.
>
> (Sorry for the shouting.)
>
> Please press return after the end of each 72-character-or-less line of
> text.  I do not want to be forced to edit every post coming through
> the list.

Many e-mail programs will insert hard returns after 72-80 columns when
sending messages.  And others will properly display long lines when
reading messages, as mine (Mac OS X Mail) did.  For example, the line
beginning with "The Texas company" above was properly wrapped with two
quote levels.

Making your own hard returns is inconvenient, especially if you are like
me and edit your messages before sending them.  I'm surprised this is a
problem, unless you happened to get an unfortunate combination of bad
behavior on both the sending and receiving e-mail program.

Paul