Radio Free Brattleboro 88.1

Was briefly in Brattleboro, VT and saw a bumper
sticker on a car: RADIO FREE BRATTLEBORO, 88.1

I had heard there was a community station in the works
there; guess it's on! According to their site they're
broadcasting from a micro-transmitter and
studios on Flat Street. I had parked my car on Elliot
St. (Rt. 9) nr the intersection of Main St. (US-5),
and taped some of it. Sounded like they were playing
techno music.

According to their website, their staff ranges in age
from 16 to 60 and they have everything from "Pop music
with oldies and sports talk mixed in" to
a show focuzed on phrenology. I also caught the tail
end of a public affairs show (about 9:30 am this
morning)

Signal definitely covered downtown Brattleboro well.
They also streamcast via their website. (As far as I
know they, like Allston-Brighton Free Radio, broadcast
legally with "flea power").

http://www.rfb.fm