Re: BUR-GBH

On Thu, 06 Jun 2002 16:08:49 +0000 dan.strassberg@att.net writes:

> She's got to be creative to counteract the revenue loss
> that undoubtedly followed her ouster of Chris Lydon.
> More layoffs would surely affect the quality of the
> product and in turn affect giving.
>> dan.strassberg@att.net

Actually there has been no negative impact in revenue since the ouster of
Chris Lydon, as a matter of fact the fundraisers following Chris' demise
were above expectations and  generated more money than when Chris was
there.
The drop in revenue came on the corporate contribution side when all the
dot-coms went away.
Despite all the happy talk from Washington I don't think the economy has
turned yet, I base that on anecdotal evidence from the VO people that I
know.  None of them, even the heavy hitters, are getting much work these
days.  A couple have even asked if I know of jobs in radio!
df