Re: BUR-GBH

At 01:23 PM 6/5/02 -0400, Dave Faneuf wrote:

>WBUR doesn't carry "The World" thats a BBC/GBH production from what I
>understand.  WBUR carries BBC World Service overnights, I thought GBH did
>jazz at night and overnights?

Yes, they do.  NHPR carries the World Radio Service (I think that's the
right name) overnights, which consists of clips from various shortwave
broadcasts.

>Here & Now is produced at WBUR as you know and is offered nationally. We
>recently got an email from George Boosey (WBUR's PD) that H&N scored the
>highest ratings ever for the noon to 1 spot for WHYY in Philly

I really miss the New England emphasis that H&N used to have.  Now it's
just another national news and features program.
---
Larry Weil
Lake Wobegone, NH