Re: Radio-Canada drops hockey

from CBC history site we learn that Montreal beat
Toronto by a few weeks...

In any event a 50 year run is amazing in this industry

http://cbc.ca/sports/hockey/hnic/histrad.html

<snip>Although the early TV experiments were centered
around Maple Leaf Gardens, the first NHL game to be
televised on CBC was actually a game in Montreal on
Oct. 11, 1952, three weeks before Toronto's debut on
Nov. 1. Imperial Oil purchased the TV rights for that
first season at just $100 per Maple Leafs game, as
team owner Conn Smythe wanted to make sure that hockey
was as appealing on TV as it was on radio before
asking for an appropriate fee<snip>