Re: Ghost of Chris Lydon! :-)

Won the _battle_? Wouldn't you say more like "won the
_war_"? From all outward appearances, not only did Jane
say "no thanks" to Lydon's (and his producer's) plan to
partner with WBUR, she also succeeded in blackballing
Lydon et al so that they are unemployable in US public
radio.

If that isn't the case, why is it that the only gig
Lydon appears to have been able to land since his
departure from WBUR and NPR was a couple-of-week-long
fill-in at WTKK?

I guess I am starting to like Dick Gordon more than I
did at first, but he isn't Lydon. I wonder whether, if
Lydon's producer (and would-be business partner--I can
never remember her name) were still producing The
Connection, even more of the program's old edge would
return.

Upton Bell is sure no Chris Lydon, but I must say that
Bell's show on WBIX seems to me to be the closest thing
to the old Connection on Boston commercial radio.

--
dan.strassberg@att.net
617-558-4205