Adjustment to WBPS-AM 890's Daytime Signal

One of the (numerous) radios in my house has a relative-signal-strength
indicator, and from time to time I check it out to see if anything unusual
is going on (also to check to see if stations are powering up/down at
sunrise/sunset.)
Today (05/19) I observed an upsurge in the signal I getom WBPS-AM 890, C-NET Radio.
Previously, it seemed to be about one-half the signal strength of adjacent
WMVU-AM 900 in Nashwah (that's how the ID jingle they use on the hour
pronounces it);  today it appeared the be 75% or higher.  Then I tested WBPS
on a table radio with one of those internal AM antennas that receive signals
in a figure-8 pattern.  When placed so it receives signals best from Boston
and suppresses east-west axis stations like WMVU, WBPS was almost as clear
as WEEI. Thus it appears that WBPS may impinging on WMVU to the NNE and NE;
about due North I don't know.
All of which reminds me that there once was an application for an AM station
on 910 in Needham, MA;  it never got built.  Would it make sense for WMVU
to do a little slip-slidin' a la WKOX, which moved from 1190 to 1200 or
WNBP, which moved from 1470 to 1450, and move to 910 so the two stations
wouldn't have to battle each other to the north?  How easy is it to
move one dial position without any other changes as long as no undue interference
occurs?  WMVU is too distant from WHJJ to be a problem there, although
I'm sure they'd file a pro-forma objection.  And there'd be no NIMBY
problem since they'd be using the same tower site and antenna.  Just
wondering.

Laurence Glavin
Methuen, MA

Outgrown your current e-mail service?
Get a 25MB Inbox, POP3 Access, No Ads and No Taglines with LYCOS MAIL PLUS.
http://login.mail.lycos.com/brandPage.shtml?pageId=plus