Re: Sweeps Stunt Goes Wrong

Dan B pointed out:
> > WCSH television reporter Sharon Moss was rescued by
divers when she was unable to escape from a submerged
car while filming a news segment on how to get out of
dangerous situations.
 http://www.portland.com/news/local/020508reporter.shtml
<<

to which Dave F replied:
>>Maybe we should come up with an award in her name,
bonehead things reporters/tv stations do during sweeps,
we can call it the Sharon Award much like the Darwin
Awards are given to stupid ways people kill themselves.<<

in defense of Sharon Moss (whoever she might be), the
reporter in question is "Shannon Moss," not Sharon.
just an initial typo, so now it's fixed.

and of course, rule #3 (or some such number) of
journalism is to report the news, not become the news.

- -Chuck (glub glub glub) Igo