Re: Live Morning Show on WMEX Farmington NH

"Mark Watson" wrote:
>    I was in the Lee and Epping NH area for a few hours Saturday night,
and
> was able to listen to WMEX (106.5) Farmington NH. Still wall to wall
music
> and old WMEX jingles, but in top of hour ID it was mentioned that as
of
> today (5/6) "start your day with Gary James". I do believe this is the
first
> live shift on 106.5 since it took to the air.

Is the morning show the Holy Grail of radio?  I get SO SICK of hearing
about
"starting my day with the PAUL PERRY SHOW" every 7 minutes on Oldies
103[.3]  And, if I had a nickel for every time I've heard "KISS 108 -
Number 1
for Matty In The Morning", I'd be rich (see also Barenaked Ladies If I
Had
$1,000,000).  For that matter, who else COULD be #1 for Matty in the
Morning?

A Seacoast Oldies Station with Imus In The Morning must tout that fact
at least
15 times an hour.  Why, that's almost as often as WODS-FM plays a Gary
Puckett song!

Roger Kirk