Re: Radio sales

On Sun, 5 May 2002 03:20:09 -0400 "R Palino" <rpalino@mailandnews.com>
writes:

> From: "Dave Faneuf" <tklaundry@juno.com>

> > A good sales dog can earn 6 figures, I don't know if that would be
> > "average" or not
>

> Well, that's the question...because that's what the promo states.
>
> I have a hard time believing that 50%+ of all radio sales people
> make over
> $100,000.
>
> But what do I know...
>
> Rich

On the other hand I know that "average" sales people don't last long so
perhaps of those remaining (above average sales dogs) the "average" wage
is 6 figures.  I know when I was at Oldies most of the sales dogs made 6
figures and those that didn't, left.  Of course that was before they
began hiring sales people like crazy, how many ways can you cut the same
pie?    So we have to do the math....what is the typical commission of a
sales dog these days....how many sales dogs does the station have, what
is the station's gross and how much of that are national and house
accounts?
df