Re: WCCM Changing Format

--- Mark Watson <markwats@attbi.com> wrote:
>    WCCM (800 Lawrence MA) is apparently changing
> format as of May 6.
> from 4 PM
> on and most of the time
> weekends they will picking up ESPN Radio sports
> talk.

Yup, bad news for MOYL fans. Is that what WXKS is
running? And does their signal do well in the
Merrimack
Valley?

Talk and sports fans might enjoy the new shows. Right
now, ESPN Radio can only be heard in Boston part time
on weekends on WEEI (during the week, 'EEI runs
Fox Sports Radio overnights).

Speaking of sports, we know that Celtics playoff
games are now airing on WWZN while the Bruins playoff
efforts are on WBZ. But I'd expect WEEI to pick
up some basketball and hockey playoffs as well
(not the B's or C's, of course)-- and, in fact,
they'd probably be the only local station carrying
hoop and hockey playoffs should the Bruins and Celtics
not make it to the next round or the finals.

(For the record, WEEI did run a hockey playoff between
Colorado and L.A. the other night...)

But I'd think the flagship stations of each
network would get first dibs on the Stanley
Cup Finals and the NBA Finals. And if WBZ and WWZN
pass on them, WEEI would have the opportunity to
pick them up...