Re: New Hampshire Business Review Article About WFEA News

In a message dated 4/25/02 8:10:49 AM Eastern Daylight Time, Chuckigo@att.net
writes:

<< to which i might add of our (myself and Dan) workplace,
 These things happen.
 end-dates are nice, but when they're not entered in,
 such as the weather files (which are TFN'd) in our very
 own ScottSystem, the wrong cuts can, and DO, air.
 there have been several occasions where, when things get
 busy in the studio, the evening weather file rolls out
 with the previous day's forecast.  stuff happens. >>

Chuck's right, but we've also both pointed out that things should be done
differently to avoid that problem.  When it does happen, it is really the
result of management not instituting better policies to avoid the possibility.

In my earlier post, I was trying to point on that those things do not happen
only as a result of news being prerecorded and run by automation, stations
have been doing that for decades.  The problem is really a result of human
error -- not using the features of the technology as it was designed to be
used.

In the past, we also occasionally had dated voicetracks run on WYNZ.  The
updated ScottSystem that was recently installed eliminates that problem.

-- Dan Billings, Bowdoinham, Maine