Re: Commercial protection

On Mon, 22 Apr 2002 16:45:07 -0400 "Roger Kirk" <rogerkirk@ttlc.net>
writes:
> Speaking of make-goods:
>
>> One of the Wade Cooke ads on WBZ-AM has what sounds
> like a missing chunk of audio.  It sounds like "...
> we're in the 18th month of a <glitch>un period.
>
> If this were on tape, then it should have been caught
> while transferring it.  If a file is shipped digitally,
> and a piece is missing and the production person fails
> to catch it, and it airs a few/several/many times before
> Wade Cooke and/or his authorized representative hears
> it, what would a station do?
>
> Roger Kirk

In the old days it would have been all MG's or lose the account, but
because of the mega mergers these days I would venture to guess that the
threat of pulling an account isn't as great....if Wade Cooke wants
news/talk the only options are BZ or RKO, but RKO doesn't have the
numbers.....In the old days BZ had direct competition from HDH and EEI
not any longer....I would hope they would still piss and moan but I don't
think it carries as much weight as it used to.....unless they piss and
moan to NY....

df