Re: Commercial protection

On Sun, 21 Apr 2002 16:20:08 -0400 Paul Anderson
<plandrsn@ma.ultranet.com> writes:
> The other night on WHDH I saw six car ads in a row.  I
       <snip>
> When I was in radio (the old days, I know--we played vinyl LPs and
> used  carts for ads) the problem was bar/nightclub ads.  If we ever
played
> two  in a four-ad break, it was only in an emergency because there were

> so  many nightclub ads that hour.  We really did try to never have two
> ads  for competing sponsors in a break.
>
> Paul

Back in the bad ol days of radio, you remember when there was such a
thing as standards and practices and quality control.  We used to have to
leave 10 to 15 minutes between competing ads....never ever run them in
the same break!   But I guess times have changed but I will tell you
this, if I were the car dealers in position 2 through 6 I would have been
on the horn to my sales dog demanding make goods in prime time!
df