"On the Media" Segments About Radio

I don't know whether NPR's "On the Media" was actually broadcast on WBUR today (04/21);
I thought I heard a promo to the effect that it would be pre-empted by an
Earth Day special, and I wasn't near a radio during OTM's airtime.  But
I did listen to it on NH's WEVO Sunday morning, and there were two interesting
radio-related segments.  During one segment, NPR programming chief Jay Kernis
was interviewed about cutbacks in cultural programming on the network
(individual NPR stations may not change a thing).  After this, there was a profile
of radio station audience testing.  NPR bashers would love this because
a Cleveland PD, answering criticism of short playlists, says:
(and I'm quoting as closely as my booze-addled brain can recall)
"Hey, this is commercial radio.  I'll do anythig NOT to have a pledge drive",
to which Bob Garfield replied "Ouch").
"On the Media" is available at WNYC's website, www.wnyc.org...
you can listen to the audio or read a transcript, but probably not until
later today (04/21).

Laurence Glavin
Methuen, MA

See Dave Matthews Band live or win a signed guitar
http://r.lycos.com/r/bmgfly_mail_dmb/http://win.ipromotions.com/lycos_020201/splash.asp