Re: Plattsburg quake

We were luck enough to be able to get an interview
with some guy at US Geo Survey E-quake HQ in Coloado
and also one of our employees lives in plattsburg so
he was very eager to give an account.  We alos called
a motel there and asked an employe... Wehn we were
editing it I noticed that you can here her in the
background just before hangs up the phone screaming "I
was just on the radio!!!"  LOL  I guess TV Channel 5
did an excellent job with their coverage.  When I was
skimming the dial between our breaks I heard nothing
about it on the radio.

--- Mark Watson <markwats@attbi.com> wrote:

>     Cooper Fox wrote:
>

> > did anyone notice any stations in the Plattsburg
> area
> > doing good local coverage of the quake?
>

>    WIRY (1340 Plattsburgh) apparently was on top of
> story (almost
> literally!!) from the get go. I was on the road just
> before 8 AM yesterday
> and called my girlfriend who checked WIRY on line
> and they were doing wall
> to wall quake coverage. This morning they were doing
> more updates along with
> their regular programs.
>
>  Mark Watson

=====