Re: non-compete

On Tue, 16 Apr 2002 15:17:21 -0400 "Joe Pappalardo"
<Joepappalardo2001@yahoo.com> writes:
> Under the Mass SJC precedent setting case that was decided ("Richmond
> Brothers vs Jerry Williams")...I believe the court set fourth the
> idea of
> "reasonable compensation", "reasonable time periods", "reasonable
> geography".
> I believe "reasonable time period" was considered to be no more than
> a year.
> JP

I attended an AFTRA function a few years back and Jerry Williams was
there, we discussed a number of items and the non-compete did come up.
IIRC Jerry said that the court ruled that 90 days was a "reasonable"
period for the non-compete and ruled that Jerry could continue on WBZ.
It may have been a ruling that applied only to that particulare case but
I can't imagine that it wouldn't have had an impact on future rulings.
That of course was prior to the approval of the current law.
df