Re: Response from Bruce Schwoegler

Does anyone have a digital copy of this law that they
can post...or that I can make available on my FTP
server?

Seems like everyone is speaking about it from hearsay.
 Would be nice to have something to refer to in the
discussion of this law...

Most of the effects of this law appear to be
unknown...until someone brings some of the provisions
to court.

(We also, have Joe Ross who can mediate any discussion
of such law.)  ;-)

JP

--- Dibmaine@aol.com wrote:
> Daylight Time,
> tklaundry@juno.com writes:
>
> << and which restricts the right of such employee or
> individual to obtain
>  employment in a specified geographic area for a
> specified period of time
>  after termination of employment of the employee by
> the employer or by
>  termination of the employment relationship by
> mutual agreement of the
>  employer and the employee or by termination of the
> employment
>  relationship by the expiration of the contract or
> agreement, shall be
>  void and unenforceable with respect to such
> provision.  >>
>
> I think Bruce's take on the law is correct.  I read
> the law to mean that the
> non-compete does not apply if the employee quits,
> the contract expires, or
> the employer and employee agree to terminate the
> contract.  If the employee
> walks out while a contract is still in effect, the
> non-compete is still
> enforceable.
>
> -- Dan Billings, Bowdoinham, Maine

=====