WBET-FM to WCAV (was Re: WCGY)

     As a matter of fact, WCAV (then WBET-FM) made the
switch to Stereo at 6:00 am on November 1, 1976.  The
station switched call-letters to WCAV on January 1,
1977.  I knew pretty much the buzz about the Brockton
Enterprise stations as I was a regular caller to the
Engineer at the time (Elbie Hooker).  At that time,
the transmitter site at Torrey and West Streets in
Brockton's West side was manned 24 hours a day.  As a
16 year old radiojunkie, I knew that 97.7 would be
going stereo many months before the actual chage were
to occur.  I later joined WBET/WCAV in March of 1982
and had a great 9 year tour-of-duty as a station
engineer and a part-time jock on both the AM and FM
sides.
     It was a fun time (for the most part)!!

-Peter Q.
--- John at Philips Medical Systems
<John_PMS@attbi.com> wrote:
> Although, not exactly in the Boston market, WCAV
> 97.7 FM "The 24 Hour Stereo
> Rock" under Jack Ainsley went 24/Stereo in 1977
> also.
>
> SS

=====
Peter Q. George (K1XRB)