Re: Mentioning Another Station's Call Letters Is Verboten

At 10:17 PM 4/9/2002, Roger Kirk wrote:
>A week or so ago, a caller to the Steve Leveille Broadcast
>apparently mentioned a show and station call letters.  It was
>bleeped out and Steve remarked "sorry, we can't talk about
>that on the air -  even though, it's 'our program'."  What could
>he have been talking about?
>
>Roger Kirk

Probably a show on another CBS-owned station, like WBCN or the like.  But,
as for why it was bleeped out - my stations have a policy to not allow
another station's call letters or programs be mentioned except by previous
agreement...it might tempt the listener to turn to the other station, and
thus away from WBZ (oh no! :-)

Aaron "Bishop" Read       aread@speakeasy.net
Fried Bagels Consulting   www.friedbagels.com
12 Walnut St. / Waltham, MA / 02453