Re: Ugo San Antonio Obit

On 6 Apr 2002 at 14:59, Donna Halper wrote:

> don't forget that usually it's the families who write the obit, and
> they know only what they recall from what Grandpa or Grandma told
> them... you'd be amazed how many obits say that Mr So and So was the
> only person to receive the signals from the Titanic...

Interestingly enough, I have a friend who once told me that her mother wrote her own
obituary.  Once she knew she was dying, she made all the funeral arrangements and
everything.  She felt that if someone else wrote her obituary, there would be things they
wouldn't get right, so she did it herself.  Once she had all the arrangements made, she was
upset the next day that she was still alive, since she now had nothing left to do.  She
expired later that day.