Re: WBCN in December of 1970

Pleasants was PD of WADN and probably had some
ownership, but describing WADN as _his_ station is an
error. Under the original ownership (I think the
corporate name was Walden Radio Inc), the guy who headed
the management group (and as far as I can tell, did
little, if anything, else except collect paychecks) was
Lloyd Simon.

Later, the licensee was Assabet Valley Broadcasting,
whose principal owner was Ned Crecelius--as I understand
it, a former acount executive or sales manager at the
first WBNW (590). Despite his prior connection with a
financial-talk station, Crecelius did not start that
format on 1120 until shortly before he sold the station
to the current licensee, Barry Armstrong's Money Matters
Radio (Actually, the principal owner of MMR is Barry's
wife Susan--most likely because Barry is a Canadian
citizen.)

As for Bloomberg on WBNW--that's been gone since before
WMEX 1060 announced that it was flipping to financial
talk as WBIX. WBIX is the current local Bloomberg
affiliate even though it carries less Bloomberg
programming than 1120 did. WBIX does have one major
advantage over 1120, however: you can hear the signal
even when you aren't standing on the ground system.
--
dan.strassberg@att.net
617-558-4205

> He did a brief stint on Dick Pleasants' short-lived AM folk station WADN,
> Concord ("Walden 1120", now Bloomberg WBNW) in the late 80's or early 90's,
> and I think he may pop up in folk music circles around the area these days.

Get the award winning ISP, AT&T WorldNet Service
http://download.att.net/webtag