RE: Opportunity missed for Sox

Paul Hopfgarten wrote:

>Remember that just a couple of years
> ago (maybe even last year?) that WTSN
> (1270) Dover NH carried the NY
> Yankees, and in the 1980's, WSAR
> (1480) Fall River MA carried the NY
> Yankees....

And WWTM in Worcester had the Yanks as well, right? Come to think of it,
I remember listening to Mets games on 94.9 Mt. Washington (WMTW-FM???
It's WHOM now.) as kid in the late '60s. I think the story was that Mrs.
Joan Payson, who owned the team, summered in northern New England and
wanted to hear the team, which had a weak-signal New Jersey station as
its flagship at the time.

I guess I just figured that sooner or later MLB would try to do with
radio what it's done with TV -- lock the fans in to their home teams and
home advertisers as a captive audience. I'm kind of surprised it hasn't.

Howard