Re: non-computer playback

Garrett Wollman wrote:

> > I was wondering if there are any non-college/LPFM
> > stations out there that DO NOT use a computer playback
> > system?
>
>WLNG is certainly one.
>
>I bet WIRY is another.

Not so sure about WIRY.  Was listening to their webcast maybe 6 months
ago.  It was pretty obvious they were running automated...nothing but
cold-segued songs.  No indication that the music was off vinyl like I've
heard there before.  It did seem to join network news at the TOH fairly
smoothly, though it just dumped the song into the ID (hey, at least they
did an ID!).