Re: Re: Made-up callsigns (was: WBZ-TV News on WSBK...)

On Wed, 27 Mar 2002, Garrett Wollman wrote:

> are many such stations in Europe.  There was a proposal, back in the
> 1920s, for each of the radio networks to build a network of five or
> six synchros on long-wave, thereby obviating the need for local

WOW! I wonder what that would have been like if it actually had happened!!

I think it would have been neat...you could drive (or fly) coast-to-coast
without having to change the radio station (unless you wanted to listen to
a different show)!!

--
Sven Franklyn Weil            "The needs of the many outweigh
<sven@gordsven.com>                      the needs of the few