Re: Re: Made-up callsigns (was: WBZ-TV News on WSBK...)

On Wed, 27 Mar 2002 13:42:11 -0500 (EST) Garrett Wollman
<wollman@lcs.mit.edu> writes:
> <<On Wed, 27 Mar 2002 11:23:49 -0500, Dave Faneuf
> <tklaundry@juno.com> said:
>
> > I could be wrong, but it's my understanding that WLLH is the only
> dual
> > xmitter station left in the country.
>
> You are (wrong, that is).
>
> About a dozen stations in the U.S. have synchronous transmitters,
> most
> of them operating only at night to fill behind nulls in the pattern.
> For example, KKOB has a synchro at Santa Fe for this purpose (on
> what
> may be the only AM tower in the country to radiate the signals of
> four
> separate stations).
>
> WLLH may well be the only station in the U.S. which has two
> synchronous transmitters operating ND-U with the same power.

That is what I mean by dual xmitter operation, a station operating on the
same freq with the same power at the same time and overlapping coverage.
(I told you I didn't think I explained it clearly)  As I posted earlier I
had always heard that WLLH was planning to add a third xmitter on 1400 in
Haverhill to complete their "network" but for some reason never followed
through.  Imagine the hash noise if they had!!!
df