Re: Made-up callsigns (was: WBZ-TV News on WSBK...)

On Tue, 26 Mar 2002 16:13:44 -0500 Ron Bello <RBello@BelloAssoc.com>
writes:

> The 1976 Broadcasting Yearbook lists WLTI at 91.5MHz and 1.7kw
> located at 1 Textile Ave.  Phone number (617) 459-0579
>
> Three changes in the 1977 edition.
> Call became WJUL.
> Address now 1 University Avenue.
> Phone is (617) 459-0570
>

> At 06:13 PM 3/26/02 -0500, Dave Faneuf wrote:
>

> >I remember WLTI being a 10watt FM that was located in the basement
> of
> >Eames Hall in what later became a laundry room.  I was not privy to
> the
> >politics of the move and increase of power, but I did shows from
> the new
> >studios at 1.7kw prior to 1976 and the calls were still WLTI, as a
> matter
> >of fact I never did a show in the old studios in Eames Hall.
>>
> >Dave

Yep, that sounds right,  WLTI was 1.7kw when I was on the air back then,
I think it went to the higher power when the move was made from the
closet at Eames Hall to the new studios in the basement of the Alumni
Library where they are still located today.  I am told that they are
rebuilding and updating the studios.  I think I was on air at WLTI from
about 73 or 74 to 75 or 76....memory is a little fuzzy
df