Re: Made-up callsigns (was: WBZ-TV News on WSBK...)

On Tue, 26 Mar 2002 14:12:06 -0500 "Bill O'Neill" <billo@shoreham.net>
writes:
> Dave Faneuf:
>
> > I asked Joe Kopycinzki how the calls WJUL came about and he smiled
> and
> > said it was the "jewel" of the Merrimack Valley.
>
> How about "Joints Under Lowell?"  Can't imagine the basis of such a
> monniker.
>
> So, Dave, would there be a sliver of truth to the rumor that the
> former
> Eames (female dormitory building) Hall studio had an unofficial
> view?
>
> Bill O'Neill

Eames Hall  was sexually intergrated at that point....;-)))

.I always figured that when WLTI went away it was because Lowell Tech and
Lowell State had just merged to become the Univeristy of
Lowell...therefor WjUL  Perhaps the J is for joint but I doubt Joe meant
it in the same context that we did back then ;-)
df