RE: Re: Made-up callsigns (was: WBZ-TV News on WSBK...)

> Well, they got half the job done with the syncronis
> (supposedly, more like a TV Ghost) signal in Lawrence (Is
> WLLH-S actually a legal set of calls?)
>
> -Paul Hopfgarten
> -Derry NH

Saying "WLLH Lowell AND Lawrence" was equally legal to "WLLH Lawrence
AND Lowell" and they used to alternate them, etc.  The word "and" was
expected in the ID in order to be legal. Havn't listened to the Spanish
signal in mucho months, however, it's still hash between sticks.
Durning one of my brief stints there, (4 B'way days), the Lowell dumped
but the Lawrence air monitor to the cans was still a decent hop, ten
miles away, but on the lower end of acceptable s/n.  In later years,
they often dumped the Lawrence for days at a time, esp. after dark.
Hasta luego.

Bill O'Neill