Re: WODS Music Screw Ups

Steve Ordinetz wrote, of "Harper Valley PTA":

> Sure seems like an odd song for a tight
> playlist oldies station to play.

If it was Saturday night, it was probably a request, although it's
unusual for 'ODS to honor a request as left-field as that one.

Has 'ODS ever put a rejected-request call on the air? Ron Sedaille does
it almost every week at WDRC-FM. Poor lady calls up for "Diamonds and
Rust" by Joan Baez. "Uh, no, we don't have it." Then she asks for "On a
Bus to St. Cloud"  by Trisha Yearwood. "Nope, try again." She finally
comes up with a song he has, but Ron decides it's not "hot rockin'"
enough for a "Hot Rockin' Saturday Night" and plays something else! Now
that's radio!

And then there was a time he honored a request for "Girl from Ipanema"
and came out of the song with "I hope you'll forgive me if I
accidentally drop that CD and step on it a few times..."

Howard