Re: WBZ-TV News on WSBK Moving to 10 PM

Joe P. writes:
> When Worcester was served by Greater Media Cable...they ran their own
> "off-air channel"...and dubbed it "WGMC-TV 3"...much like ATT does with
> Channel 3 here.

Cablevision 21/Cablevision 12 was the local-origination channel in Boston
for a bunch of years and never used "call letters," they relied more on
their dial position for their moniker (even though they seemed to switch
channels annually).

SusCom does use four letters to identify its local-origination channel on
the cable system here, WSPC (Channel 4 on the cable). The station airs local
programming, Orioles games that the local O's over-the-air affiliate (which
*also* airs the Phillies) can't air, and the Pennsylvania Cable Network in
non-prime hours. I wonder if SusCom does a similiar thing with its Maine
cable systems.