Re: CCU Interested in Xpanded Band

Then you've been looking at NEW radios, where I define a
new radio as one that has gone through no more than 25%
of the useful life of a radio that isn't installed in a
car or truck. I've lived in my house for 38 years and in
the house have nine radios. Of those, only my Super
Radio III, which I think I bought in 1994 or 1995,
covers X-Band. The other radios are all fully functional
but at least one is close to 40 years old. I know--this
supports the idiots who claim old guys don't buy
anything. I do have one _other_ radio that picks up X-
Band, though--and it represents a _major_ purchase
(which proves that old guys _do so_ buy things); my 2002
Chevrolet Prizm came wrapped around it.
--
dan.strassberg@att.net
617-558-4205